Microsoft 365 empowers individuals, teams, and organizations to share and work together. Microsoft Teams is the hub for teamwork where people collaborate, communicate, and streamline processes. Deep integration with SharePoint – as a content service – provides the ability to create sites to create and store content in document libraries, lists, pages and news.
In this episode, Chris and I chat with Benjamin Niaulin (Head of product at ShareGate and Microsoft MVP) and Tejas Mehta (Principal program manager on the SharePoint team at Microsoft) all about the deployment and value of SharePoint team sites with Microsoft Teams. We cover how people can get from classic to modern, broad scale adoption, and the importance of governance best practices.
Links to important on-demand recordings and articles mentioned in this episode:
- Articles and sites
- What’s the difference between classic and modern SharePoint sites? By Jasper Oosterveld [ShareGate]
- Microsoft Teams and SharePoint integration: How to adopt Teams when you already use SharePoint By Quinn Mason [ShareGate]
- SharePoint information architecture: Benefits to creating a flat site structure By Jean-Philippe Beaulieu [ShareGate]
- Top 10 most important powers of your SharePoint team sites in Office 365
- 4 topnotch teamwork tips for Microsoft Teams plus SharePoint
- Rich, new file and sharing experiences throughout Microsoft 365, now in Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Docs – The home for Microsoft documentation for end users, developers, and IT professionals.
- Microsoft Tech Community Home
- Stay on top of Office 365 changes
- Listen to other Microsoft podcasts
- Hosts and guests
Listen to the show! If you like what you hear, we’d love for you to Subscribe, Rate and Review it on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to visit our show page to hear all the episodes, access the show notes, and get bonus content. And stay connected to the SharePoint community blog where we’ll share more information per episode, guest insights, and take any questions from our listeners and SharePoint users (TheIntrazone@microsoft.com). We, too, welcome your ideas for future episodes topics and segments. Keep the discussion going in comments below; we’re hear to listen and grow.
Thanks for listening!
The SharePoint team wants you to unleash your creativity and productivity. And we will do this, together, one Teams + team sites at a time.
The Intrazone links
- Show page
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Play Music
+ Listen to other Microsoft podcasts at aka.ms/microsoft/podcasts.
- Benjamin Niaulin
- Chris McNulty
- Ignite The Tour
- intelligent intranet
- Mark Kashman
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Teams
- SharePoint Saturday
- team sites
- Tejas Mehta
- The Intrazone